CLENPIQ PREP FOR COLONOSCOPY
Discard the package instructions and follow the instructions on this sheet.
Two (2) Days Before Colonoscopy: Avoid whole grains, seeds, nuts, raw tomatoes and corn.
Day before your colonoscopy:
- Eat a light breakfast and then clear liquids after 10:00 AM for the remainder of the day. The light breakfast can include toast or a bagel with butter, margarine or jelly. It can also include one egg. Clear liquids are liquids you can see through such as chicken broth, apple juice, white grape juice, Gatorade, black coffee or tea, ginger ale, Jello, ice popsicles. Do not have products that are red or purple. Remember! No solid foods or dairy products after breakfast. You are encouraged to drink plenty of liquids and stay well hydrated throughout the day.
- At 6 PM drink one (1) bottle of the Clenpiq prep right from the bottle. After drinking the bottle of Clenpiq prep, drink 5 cups (8 oz. each) of clear liquid.
Day of your colonoscopy:
- Six (6) hours before your procedure time, drink the other bottle of the Clenpiq prep right from the bottle. After drinking the bottle of Clenpiq prep, drink 3 cups (8 oz. each) of clear liquid
The prep and all other liquids must be finished 4 hours prior to your procedure time. Only necessary medications may be taken with a sip of water after completion of prep. If you take anything by mouth including any solid food, liquids, gum, mints, hard candy or water, your procedure will be rescheduled.
- DIABETES: If you take medications for diabetes or to control your blood sugar, call your primary physician for instructions on how to take these medications on the day before your colonoscopy and on the day of the procedure.
- BLOOD THINNERS: If you are taking ANY blood thinner other than Aspirin, you need to make an appointment with one of the physicians of Gastrointestinal Associates to discuss how you will coordinate the medication use before and after the procedure. Your Gastrointestinal Associates physician will make a recommendation about your blood thinner. You will need to speak to the physician who orders this medication for you. If there is a difference in his/her recommendation, you must call our office to advise your Gastrointestinal Associates physician. If you are on chemotherapy with Avastin, it is critical that your Gastrointestinal Associates physician be made aware of this.
If you are unable to finish the preparation, please call our office at 267-620-1100.
(Clenpiq Prep 4/18)